Labels

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Distin agrees new Everton deal


French defender to stay at Goodison Park for the 2012/13 season


Everton defender Sylvain Distin
Sylvain Distin has made nearly 100 Barclays Premier League appearances for Everton
Everton defender Sylvain Distin has committed to Goodison Park for another season.

The Toffees have taken up an option to extend the contract of the club's Players' Player of the Season for for another year.
The 34-year-old joined Everton from Portsmouth in August 2009 - and is nearing 100 Barclays Premier League appearances for the Toffees.
"I want to go as long as possible. I think you'll have to kick me out!"
- Sylvain Distin
"I am really happy to be staying for another season," he told Everton's website.
"From my side there was never any issue and I said from day one that I wanted to stay.
"The club also made me understand that they wanted me to stay and that is why we were talking about my contract.
"As I said, it maybe took a bit longer than expected, but the most important thing is that it is done now, I really wanted it and I am really happy."
Distin said that he had no thoughts of retiring, even though he will turn 35 during the 2012/13 season.
He said: "I want to go on as long as possible. I think you'll have to kick me out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment