Labels

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Maria Shares Her Design Inspirations - and Aspirations


"I love design," says Maria Sharapova. "I think I got it from my mother."
The tennis star - who's collaborated with both  Cole Haan and  Nike for several years now - sits down with a group of female tennis-playing fans in Miami to talk sports fashion in the clip here. (Sharapova is in Miami for this week's Sony Ericsson tournament.)
"It started from a young age," the bride-to-be adds of her love of design. "When I started working with Nike I was 11 years old. The extra-small shirt was like a dress for me. So I was cutting the shirts to make them into regular shirts for me."
Sharapova also says that she loves getting feedback from fans; she strives to make her clothes fit a variety of women well. "If you're comfortable with the fit of your clothes, it makes you feel good about yourself," she explains.
Watch the clip for more on Sharapova's Nike designs - and to hear about when (and why) she stopped wearing pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment